Monday, June 1, 2009

My First Review, Drag Me To Hell (not to be taken literally)



Hi Guys this is my first film review, hope its helpful. Im trying to see at least one new movie a week so if anyone wants to join me hit me up on da twitter.com/JNSQ_Kompa

Friday night MAY 29th I decide to check "Drag Me To Hell"...Hmm...I guess from the title its safe to assume someone is gonna get dragged to hell, so lets just say they saved the creatitivy of the title for the movie.I go to SUNRISE Cineplex in Rosedale, Queens and it is still one of the most low budget theaters I've ever been to. If you see metal detectors and highschool kids getting snuck in through the back door of the theater its just best to go somewhere else. But back to the movie The film is written and directed by Sam Raimi, He is responsible for the "Evil Dead" trilogy and he goes back to these roots with "Drag me to Hell". I can appreciate the film because of my love for the "Evil Dead" trilogy but somehow "Drag me to Hell" just falls short. The acting was good and the directing was good, where I feel the movie lacked was in the writing, it was clever at certain parts and was lacking in others and even got kind of cheezy. I do applaud Sam Raimi's ability to scare the crap out of you and yet make you laugh histerically with the same breath. I dont want to give away the film so im just going to say to not waste your money on it, its a recession and you can live without seeing this film for the 10.50 I paid. If you want more info on the movie just click on the IMDB link I have at the bottom.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1127180/

1 comment:

  1. Shout out to you for being brave enough to go see this flick. I liked Angela Lohan in Matchstick Men, but this flick just seemed that it would "fall short." But now I know for sure. And for free.

    ReplyDelete